Thursday, January 04, 2007
Welcome Back and Good Luck. Now, Get to Work
To Speaker Pelosi and the incoming Democratic majority. Congratulations on your victory. Now, a word of advice:
1. Be Humble. Recognize that this is a temp job and you can and will eventually be replaced.
2. Remember who sent you to Washington. The American people deserve decent representation and not just those guys living on K Street.
3. The Republicans shot themselves in the foot (and some in the face, but that's another story). You didn't win this based on your better ideas. Be Humble (I repeated number 1, so sue me.)
4. If you screw up, admit it and fix it. Don't try and blame it on the Republicans. They do that better than anyone and you'd look like idiots if you tried.
5. Get us the hell out of Iraq.