Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Our Dads



In the last couple of months, two of my good friends have lost their dads. Yesterday, I attended the memorial service of one of them. My dad passed away a little over two years ago. I wrote a small verse for all of them. I hope you enjoy it.





Our Dads


I remember a time when we were small,

They were giants, straight and tall.

When we were frightened they would always be there,
With a pat, a hug and joke they would share.

As we grew the less they knew,

But even still, in our own eyes,
They were always stalwart, brave and wise.

They’re all gone now, only memories remain,
But the words of their friends offer a comforting refrain,

"No matter your achievements, accomplishments or calls,

You turned out like your Dad, after all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment