Saturday, August 20, 2005

CH CH Ch Changes......




With apologies, to David Bowie, I want let you know about some blog changes that I've recently completed. The site has gone commercial, with the placement of ads at the bottom of the page. No, I'm not shilling for corporate interests, as I don't know what ads will be placed by the provider. It is primarily an effort to get my blog out to more viewers. I'm not sure how this will go, so I'm going to monitor it closely over the next few months and if I see ads for things I'm opposed to, I'll shut it off.

Anyway, more changes. Blogger.com, the site that hosts this blog has quite a few templates and customization options that I've tried out. I think the new format makes the site a bit more interactive and easy to read. I'd like to hear your opinion.

I've also changed the location of the cost of war counter to be underneath the title page. I realized it was originally placed at the bottom and didn't get viewed regularly when the site was accessed. This is important to me, as I'm an avid proponent of getting the hell out of Iraq. As soon as the Iraq Body Count site comes up, I'll be adding a counter to the same area as the cost counter. I don't believe the idea that we should get out of Iraq is a liberal or a conservative view, it's a common sense view. So, for all you folks that support the war, don't turn this off, tell me why you support the war and why we should stay. Your views are as important to me as mine. The only way we move forward as a community is when all views are heard and we come to a conclusion of what is best for all of us versus some of us. For those liberal friends of mine who expect this to be a totally one-sided site in favor of bashing Bush and his administration, look somewhere else. We will attempt to remain independent here. I don't agree with those who support the war and will continually say so. I will however post comments, listen to opinion and allow those who do support the war an opportunity to have their views heard.

Let's raise the level of debate about this. I think the people who are dying (soldiers and civilian alike) deserve nothing less...

I've also added some additional links to sites I regularly read. A cross section of sites like the Economist, the New Republic, Wikipedia (my favorite site on the web), the Huffington Post are readily available for you if you have an interest. I find these sites literate and well reasoned. I hope you will enjoy them as I do.

A very good friend of mine whose opinion I respect a great deal suggested more visual aids to assist the reader to determine where I stand on a particular issue. As this is a political blog, I heartily agree. Like most of you I'm sure, I don't hold a particular consistent ideology on all issues. On some, like Gay Marriage, I'm very liberal. On others, like tax policy, I'm very conservative. I've added a spectrum slide (see the picture at the top of this post) to indicate where I stand on a particular issue. Generally, I'll come down on the "Center Left" of the political spectrum. As always, I'm interested in where you are. When I get a bit more technically literate, I'll attempt to have a survey section on each post to get feedback from everyone.

Tell me what you think,

Best Regards,

Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment